What’s up, everyone? How was your February? Mine was awesome, as I kicked off the month with the 12 days vacation, eight of those were in St. John and St. Thomas. Then, I came home to wonderful February winter with days were above 60F. Today, it’s 80F.
As far as Passive Income.
- Dividend income comes at the modest of $10 from KMI. Dividend income remains pretty sweet, because I didn’t have to work for any of this.
- $700 for the Rental in the Midwest
- $1000 for one of the apartment that I were able to rent two rooms.
Total of $1710.
- I spent: $27K so far renovating the building. So, $290+27K = $317
- My rental in The midwest was $77K
Total of my portfolio is $394 + $8K in stocks = $402K
Had I leave everything in my portfolio, I would have gotten $450K right now. But I can’t beat $1710 in February income if I left in in the stock investment.
**I wasn’t going to report income from rental property, but since I’ve taken the money off of my taxable stock portfolio, so I want to report the income from this account, in case some of you wanted to compare apple to apple. The income I report here is excluding from my 3-plex, the 4-plex, and the earned income from my current job. I’d like to keep this information private for now.
So far in 2017 total: $2430.58
- My goal is to have $5000/mo in rental income, so I still have a way to go. But the good new is, the restaurant owners has started paying me $2000 for March rent. So, I know for sure, I’ll be receiving that money for March.
- My 2017 goal is to also giving away $500/mo (revised from $700, because my sister wanted me to slot more money for maintenance). This month, I gave it to one of the men that has been working for me for a few years. His truck is out, and he’s looking for a used truck, he didn’t have enough money, so I helped him out with deposit.
- Time flies quickly, I spoke to one of the bosses about going part-time, but they don’t have any spot open. They shuffle people around, the person who retired early from a part-time position, that position wasn’t available for me to take the spot. So, I’m still on the look out for part-time opening.
What’s about your passive income and portfolio? Would you taken the leap of faith and sold almost the entire stock portfolio to buy a 4-plex mixed use building like I did?